As an affiliate of WRJ, we have access to many resources from both WRJ Central District and from WRJ. WRJ Central District has three chairs under each department. Click here to learn more about Central District’s organization.
- Development & Special Projects
- YES Fund / World Union for Progressive Judaism (WUPJ)
- Advocacy/Jewish Concerns
- Affiliate Development
- Marketing & Communications
- Website Manager
- Speakers Bureau
A vice-president, with chairs that specialize in the areas covered, leads each district department. In addition to the vice-presidents, WRJ also has professional staff.
- The WRJ website, provides a great deal of information describing Women of Reform Judaism, its history, the leadership, advocacy, awards, events, and philanthropy. There is also a section on Jewish Life where you can learn about the holidays, find food and recipes, and torah study. And there is the WRJ Shopping area. This is a great resource to learn about WRJ overall, and what we do.
- Yammer, is an online platform where women discuss issues important to them. WRJ Board Members, sisterhood presidents and leaders are invited to sign into Yammer. With Yammer, you can not only search for resources, but also connect with one another to ask questions and share ideas. As your sisterhood elects new leadership, be sure to update our leadership forms so the new leadership can access this and other WRJ tools.
- The WRJ Consultant Program was created to provide WRJ-affiliated sisterhoods with access to WRJ leaders who are knowledgeable in topics that our affiliates often find challenging. Learn more about this program at wrj.org/what-we-do/leadership-development/consultant-program#sthash.jsXbS424.dpuf
- In 2007, WRJ released the publication of The Torah: A Women’s Commentary. The book has received accolades worldwide and is but one example of what women, working together, can achieve. WRJ Central District is a proud supporter of the commentary and encourages sisterhoods to use it for study and as a tool for educating congregations about sisterhood.
- WRJ has gone Social! Visit WRJ on Facebook at www.facebook.com/womenofreformjudaism, on the new WRJ Blog at http://blogs.rj.org/wrj/,
and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/womenofreformjudaism.
WRJ Central District Resources
- Our district publishes a quarterly newsletter, Isha L’Isha – Women to Women, with important and timely information about district, local and WRJ activities. Successful programs and activities that have occurred within our district are also shared. News on upcoming programs and events will also be listed. You will find the current and archived newsletters in this section of the district website.
- Central District also has a blog, Sharing the Best to share and find information about sucessful programs and projects from local sisterhoods. Enter your information and images easily with the blog interface.
- WRJ Central District can also be found on . Check it out and be sure to Like us!
- WRJ Central District also provides you powerpoint presentations and more resources that can be used as educational tools or programs. Be sure to check out our Educational Presentation page.