WRJ-RAC Reproductive Justice Campaign
As part of the RAC’s Brit Olam, and made possible through WRJ’s Social Justice Fund, the WRJ-RAC Reproductive Justice Campaign (RJC) will provide the organizing structure for Reform congregations, women’s groups, and individuals to take collective action. With your help, we will mobilize our communities to secure our reproductive rights by training activists to be strategic and effective advocates.
Read more about the Reproductive Justice Campaign
Sign up today for the Reproductive Justice Brit Olam Cohort
Want to make a difference… now?
Make a donation to the Reproductive Justice Appeal. The link is https://donorbox.org/wrjrepro
“I don’t support reproductive rights and access to abortion despite my Judaism, but because of it.”
– Rabbi Jonah Dov Pesner, Director, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
Read Rabbi Pesner’s article at https://rac.org/…/not-despite-our-judaism-because-it-show-y…
Among WRJ’s take away from the Social Justice Conference and Consultation on Conscience, we will be working on the Reproductive Justice Campaign (RJC) as part of the Brit Olam initiative.
Follow this page regularly as we update it with information on our new efforts to quickly make an impact on women’s social justice, health, and reproductive Rights.
This is a fast-moving train with much work to be done.
Slide deck from WRJ Social Justice Conference, Session on Reproductive Rights: The State of Choice
Alert from Rabbi Marla Feldman, Executive Director, WRJ
June 18, 2019
Our reproductive rights are under attack – and WRJ is fighting back!
In recent days we have seen a slew of state laws that would restrict access to abortion and in some cases send women or doctors to prison for acting on their constitutional rights. Many of you have reached out to WRJ to share your concerns about the politicization of women’s health and seeking information about what can be done. We heard you! WRJ is taking on this challenge and stepping up its efforts to secure women’s rights and assure that women remain in control of their own health care decisions.
In partnership with the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC), WRJ is launching the Reproductive Justice Campaign to provide training, education and resources to mobilize the Reform community. Attached is an overview of this new initiative. We will work at the federal, state, and provincial level to assure access to safe and legal reproductive health care, including abortion services. You will be hearing more about our work in the coming weeks.
In order to accomplish these goals, WRJ is launching a fundraising appeal to support these efforts. Please join us in supporting this critical work by making a donation today to the Reproductive Justice Campaign Appeal: https://donorbox.org/wrjrepro. For sponsorship opportunities or multi-year pledges please contact Shari Schulner at 212-650-4072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WRJ President Susan Bass offered an inspiring message about this effort during the recent RAC Consultation on Conscience, proclaiming: “As we look around at what is broken in our world, we know that this moment demands our presence and our voices in the work of ensuring reproductive justice for all.” View her message here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAh58znAUcU. If we work together, we can do this. Let’s make sure that no woman – not us, not our sisters, daughters, granddaughters, nieces, or any woman – ever again finds herself in a back alley, desperate and alone. Please help WRJ spread the word about this effort to others who share our progressive Jewish values. We are proud to be your partner in this fight for reproductive rights and justice.
Rabbi Marla J. Feldman
WRJ Executive Director
Reproductive Justice Campaign \ Elevator Speech
• Social Justice is a core value of the Reform Jewish movement and has been throughout its history. Women of Reform Judaism has been a key partner in this work throughout its 100+ years and has become the expert on issues of particular concern to women.
• As reproductive rights are being threatened across the United States and in Canada at alarming rates, WRJ once again feels compelled to act.
• To help address these threats to reproductive rights, WRJ is creating the Reproductive Justice Campaign in partnership with the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism. The Campaign will allow us to produce advocacy tools, a congregational toolkit for mobilization, networking opportunities, and engage a campaign coordinator to oversee this work.
• The Reproductive Justice Appeal will support the work of WRJ and our partnership with the RAC on the issue of reproductive justice.
• WRJ has been a champion of reproductive justice going back to as far as 1935 with a resolution on birth control literature. Today, we are asking you to be part of this legacy by contributing to the campaign to support women’s rights and access to the full range of reproductive health care services.
• Please visit donorbox.org/wrjrepro to pledge your donation today.